Chicken Alfredo Linguine
A creamy linguine chicken alfredo, ready in 15 minutes.
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 75g salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 300ml double cream
- 75g Reggiano Parmigiano, grated
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 400g linguine
- Cook the linguine in well-salted water, according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- As the pasta cooks, melt the butter over medium heat, before adding the garlic. Cook the garlic 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Next, stir through about half the cream. Stir quite quickly for about 1 minute or until well combined. Add the remaining cream and stir through.
- Add the grated Reggiano Parmigiano to the cream sauce and stir until melted through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, add the chicken, lemon juice, chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Mix through, and set aside.
- Decant and strain the pasta, and toss through the cream sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 652Total Fat: 29.6gSaturated Fat: 16.9gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 756mgCarbohydrates: 57.3gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.1gProtein: 38.8g
More Perfect Pasta Recipes
Chicken Alfredo Linguine Pasta Recipe
Everyone loves a quick and easy pasta recipe, and my creamy chicken alfredo pasta is exactly this! It takes only fifteen minutes to make and is velvety smooth, and rich. Although tradition recipes won’t add lemon, I always add just a hint of lemon juice to my alfredo sauce. I find it really elevates the rest of the flavours! Also, by no means is this traditional – I add cream for an extra lucious sauce.
I wasn’t able to post any recipes last week – I suffer from severe asthma here in Scotland! Last week was spent aching all over, and I simply didn’t have the energy to cook. In fact, Ben had to take over in the kitchen! Though, I did of course find the 15 minutes I needed to make this creamy chicken alfredo pasta for you all.
Back home in Australia, I never really had asthma. Maybe for a week once a year! Where I live in Scotland though, it seems to get me quite badly each and every year. In fact, we were planning to move just before lockdown kicked in! Guess we’re stuck here a little longer now!
When you’re unwell and under the weather, or aching head to toe, simple recipes like this alfredo sauce are fabulous to have on hand. They’re quick, they’re easy, and the small amount of effort has a massive reward. Comfort food doesn’t always need to be slow-cooked, after all. It’s whatever makes you feel happy.
Unfortunately, not all recipes are as easy and my chicken alfredo linguine, and whilst I’m under the weather, they’ll be few and far between. There’s only so much cooking you can do when even talking leaves you breathless!
However, I promise to do what I can to share my deliciously cosy and comforting recipes with you.