Gluten Free Choc-Chip Banana Bread
Gluten-free but full of flavour, this chocolate chip banana bread is as tasty as it is easy!
- 115g salted butter, soft
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 500g bananas, mashed
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cimmamon
- 250g plain gluten-free flour
- 150g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C, and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Next, add the mashed banana and eggs and beat until incorporated.
- Sift in the xantham gum, bicarbonate soda, salt, cinnamon and gluten-free flour, and then mix until well combined.
- Gently fold through 3/4 of the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf tin, and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the hot oven for 60 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cooling in the loaf tin for ten minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 4gSugar: 34gProtein: 6g
Please note, this nutrition information is to be used as a guide only. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
More Sweet Things
Gluten-Free Choc-Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Being gluten-free means that if we want sweets in this house, they need to be homemade. Having a gluten intolerance can be incredibly frustrating as finding sweets or bakes that are gluten-free can be difficult. And finding trust-worthy, delicious recipes for home-baked treats? Sometimes you can be scared to try something new and waste the ingredients! My gluten-free choc-chip banana bread is not only trustworthy and reliable, but it’s the best banana bread recipe you’ll ever bake.
If you’re not gluten-free, you’ll still love the flavour and texture of this loaf. It’s rich, it’s moist, and it’ll be your new favourite. This recipe is so easy to mix up, that it’s perfect for guests who have gluten intolerance!
Over the years, I have found that most banana loaf recipes just don’t let the banana shine! They bury the flavour beneath brown-sugar and cinnamon. And although these ingredients are tasty in their own right, for my banana bread I want to taste a lot of banana!
Banana and chocolate are a match made in heaven. Growing up in Australia, my favourite childhood icecream was the choc-topped banana Billabong icecream. This hasn’t been available for years but it’ll always be my favourite. That’s why when it comes to banana bread, adding chocolate chips is an obvious choice!
Just don’t be worried about the chocolate chips sinking to the bottom of the batter as it bakes. This is unavoidable and won’t make the cake any less delicious. It’s why we sprinkly plenty of chocolate chips on top – to make sure you get a burst of chocolate with every bite!