Pink Salad with Feta
This gorgeous pink salad with feta is a wonderfully flavoursome salad with beetroot, balsamic glaze, radishes, and lots of leafy greens. Inspired by Mary Berry.
- 100g baguette, diced into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- large pinch of sea salt flake
- 100g mixed leafy greens
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 150g diced pickled beetroot
- 50g radishes, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Toss the diced baguette through the salt and olive oil, then spread out on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the salad leaves through the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, toss through the beetroot, radish, feta cheese and croutons.
- Finally, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
Please note, this nutrition information is to be used as a guide only. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Pink Salad with Feta Recipe
I have never met a salad I didn’t thoroughly enjoy, and this gorgeously vibrant pink salad, with balsamic beetroot and feta, is no different. With sweet beetroot, salty feta, and hints of spicy radish and rocket, accompanied by garlic-y crunchy croutons? This pink salad is my definition of actual heaven.
Throughout spring and summer, I always gravitate towards salads and quite literally eat a salad every day. I could, and quite often do, eat the same “boring” garden salad each and every day. However, variety is the spice of life. And so salads such as this beetroot salad with feta and seasonal radishes find their way to my table.
The beauty of this salad is just how easy it is to throw together. A jar of diced pickled beetroot comes in handy, and feta is enormously easy to crumble with your fingers. For the radishes, I very carefully use a mandolin in its finest setting.
This pink salad recipe is inspired by Mary Berry’s rosy-pink beetroot, feta and olive salad from her tome Simple Comforts. As always, I was inspired by the recipe but made my own changes along the way. This book, by the way, is actually a wonderful surprise. An avid collector of comfort food cookery books, all too often I find the “comfort food” not very comforting at all! However, Simple Comforts truly does capture the essence of comfort food and includes Mary Berry’s simple recipes for simple classics.
Now, I do understand and can completely appreciate that I have been very quiet the past few months. A combination of recovering from Covid and general health concerns meant that I couldn’t commit properly to cooking anything, let alone recipes for these pages. Hopefully though, going forward, I’ll be bringing you a new recipe every week to enjoy!